Tracking Coaster Trends
I was perusing MySpace the other day and I found a whole niche of coaster and theme park MySpace pages. Some could possibly be created by savvy corporations that are hoping to ride M ySpace's breakout popularity. I can't help but applaud smart marketing. But it seemed likethe majority were created by fans. Like this one for Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Then there's Hershey Park's MySpace page, which serves as a kind of staff bulletin board. It was created by employees of the park and probably serves as a way for them to keep in touch.
Then I noticed that specific coasters have MySpace pages as well. For example, the Lochness Monster has its own page, as does a few of the other major coasters at BGW. In the comments area friends leave messages ranging from raves about their last experiences with the parks/coasters to annoucements of their upcoming trips. At first it surprised me. Some parks have hundreds and even thousands of friends on their MySpace pages. Then I realized it's just another way for "My People" to connect on the 'Net. I guess I better get to work on my page.
The Coaster Critic's Blog Has Moved
The Countdown Is Over! - A New Blog, for the New Year
Check out the new site at TheCoasterCritic.com. Make sure your bookmarks are set for: http://www.thecoastercritic.com
Links to 'coastercritic.blogspot.com' will no longer redirect to the blog once the new site launches and eventually I'll be deleting the Blogger blog.
Check out the new site at TheCoasterCritic.com. Make sure your bookmarks are set for: http://www.thecoastercritic.com
Links to 'coastercritic.blogspot.com' will no longer redirect to the blog once the new site launches and eventually I'll be deleting the Blogger blog.
Monday, May 08, 2006
Coaster & Theme Park MySpace Pages?
Posted by
The Coaster Critic
at
5/08/2006
Labels: coasters and the web
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment