2006 will prove to be a landmark year for a number of reasons. I've already crossed the century mark riding my 100th coaster and visited the most heralded park around (Cedar Point). During the rest of the season I will face the tallest, fastest, and most highly rated coasters in the world. Good thing they're all near the East Coast!
In July, I will ride what is arguably the most talked about coaster of 2006, Voyage at Holiday World. While I'm in the area, I'll pick up a cheap season pass from Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (which will come in handy later in the summer) while I check out that subpar park. At Dollywood, I'll ride the highest rated wooden coaster around in Thunderhead. And on my New York trip I will ride THE MOST FAMOUS coaster of all time, the Cyclone at Astroland in Coney Island. Then in September, as long as it's running, I will ride the tallest and fastest coaster on the planet (Kingda Ka) and the other most talked about coaster of the season, El Toro. El Toro supposedly flaunts a steel-like smoothness and the steepest drop on a wooden coaster. Wow. What a year!
2006 Trip Schedule
April - Hershey Park (revisit)
May - Cedar Point
July - Holiday World, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, & Dollywood
August - Coney Island & Rye Playland
September - Six Flags Great Adventure (revisit)
October - Six Flags America (revisit)
The Coaster Critic's Blog Has Moved
The Countdown Is Over! - A New Blog, for the New Year
Check out the new site at TheCoasterCritic.com. Make sure your bookmarks are set for: http://www.thecoastercritic.com
Links to 'coastercritic.blogspot.com' will no longer redirect to the blog once the new site launches and eventually I'll be deleting the Blogger blog.
Check out the new site at TheCoasterCritic.com. Make sure your bookmarks are set for: http://www.thecoastercritic.com
Links to 'coastercritic.blogspot.com' will no longer redirect to the blog once the new site launches and eventually I'll be deleting the Blogger blog.
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Big Summer for The Coaster Critic
Posted by
The Coaster Critic
at
6/20/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment