Roller Coasters at the Bottom of Mitch's Poll
It looks like I'm not alone in my disdain and disappointment for the Mean Streak at Cedar Point and the Predator at Darien Lake. Out of the 179 wooden roller coasters on Mitch's Poll, Mean Streak ranked 171st and Predator ranked 173rd.
Psyclone, which was recently removed from Six Flags Magic Mountain, came in at 178th, just missing the title of worst wooden roller coaster. That honor went to Great America's Grizzly. Another coaster that has been in the news lately, Son of Beast, ranked a pitiful 176th. Maybe the removal of the loop by Cedar Fair will be a good move for the coaster. The lowest ranked steel coasters weren't quite as interesting.
One coaster of note was one of the few water coasters in existance. Dive to Atlantis, a water coaster at Mt. Olympus theme park, was ranked 334th out of 337. When I was at Mt. Olympus it was closed, but I have heard that the queue times were usually pretty long and the payoff wasn't really there.
Have you ridden any of these low ranking coasters? What are some of the worst roller coasters you've ever ridden? Leave a comment below.
The Coaster Critic's Blog Has Moved
The Countdown Is Over! - A New Blog, for the New Year
Check out the new site at TheCoasterCritic.com. Make sure your bookmarks are set for: http://www.thecoastercritic.com
Links to 'coastercritic.blogspot.com' will no longer redirect to the blog once the new site launches and eventually I'll be deleting the Blogger blog.
Check out the new site at TheCoasterCritic.com. Make sure your bookmarks are set for: http://www.thecoastercritic.com
Links to 'coastercritic.blogspot.com' will no longer redirect to the blog once the new site launches and eventually I'll be deleting the Blogger blog.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
World's Worst Roller Coasters
Posted by
The Coaster Critic
at
2/13/2007
Labels: coasters and the web, mitch hawker's poll
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Worst coaster ever has to be Project X at Thorpe Park, UK. Basically it's a rollerskater which goes backwards in the dark. Pointless, forceless and a waste of space in a park which can't afford the footprint it takes up.
I went to Six Flags over Texas in Arlington. The New coaster is Tony Hawk's Big Spin. They should have put that in the kids park. Its very short and not exciting at all. I dont do well on coasters, but love the excitement it brings. and that didnt show. and by the way, they have cameras that record you on the ride. If you watch the monitors afterwards, most of the people are just sitting there waiting for something to happen.
i think one of the worst roller coasters i've ever ridden is The Mummy at Universal Studios Hollywood. At the end, it leaves you completely unsatisfied
Son of Beast was by far the worst coaster I have ever ridden (while loop was still on it). It was so incredibly rough, that I just hurt everwhere when it was over.
ow i rode son of the beast 2 years ago and swore it off for life i waited like 45 minutes, and then i get up to the statiuon and this lady is covered, first time i have ever seen that. should of known. The beast is awesome my #2, only bested by the mighty HADES which i waited three years to finally ride, and it was worth every second.
Post a Comment