A First Look at SeaWorld Orlando's Manta
The B&M flying roller coaster that's rumored for SeaWorld Orlando is all but confirmed at this point. Concept art has emerged oddly enough on a British site. The Disney Information Bulletin Board has posted three pieces of concept art. The pictures show a B&M flying coaster themed as a manta or sting ray skimming the surface of the water.
It's still not clear how these 'up-close animal encounters' will work, but Manta looks to take the flying coaster concept to whole new level just as Magic Mountain's Tatsu did. *UPDATE* The DIB has removed their page on Manta, so I've included the remaining photos below:

UPDATE 9/20 - Read more about SeaWorld Orlando's new Manta including details of the new photo contest.
What do you think of Manta at SeaWorld Orlando? Leave a comment below. All pictures copyright Busch Entertainment Corporation.
The Coaster Critic's Blog Has Moved
The Countdown Is Over! - A New Blog, for the New Year
Check out the new site at TheCoasterCritic.com. Make sure your bookmarks are set for: http://www.thecoastercritic.com
Links to 'coastercritic.blogspot.com' will no longer redirect to the blog once the new site launches and eventually I'll be deleting the Blogger blog.
Check out the new site at TheCoasterCritic.com. Make sure your bookmarks are set for: http://www.thecoastercritic.com
Links to 'coastercritic.blogspot.com' will no longer redirect to the blog once the new site launches and eventually I'll be deleting the Blogger blog.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Manta @ SeaWorld Orlando | Concept Art
Posted by
The Coaster Critic
at
4/20/2008
Labels: 2009 coasters, bolliger and mabillard, manta, seaworld
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I think Manta is the coolest!!!!!!
I can't wait to bring my son on this ride, it looks awesome. We get Sea World annual passes every year and now we have Aquatica passes too. Upgrades like Aquatica and this ride will keep us annual pass holders!!! Whoever came up with this idea should be commended!!
I know from the coaster enthusiasts and thrill ride communities, Manta will change the perception of SeaWorld. Most mention that there's not a whole lot of rides and really only one major roller coaster (Kraken). But with Manta they'll be more for die hards like you Annie and a better chance enthusiasts like myself will fork over 50 or 60 bucks to go to the park. Now I'm just waiting for the official announcement.
Thanks for stopping by.
I think the addition of the Manta will definitely bring in the young adult crowd.
with Bolliger and Mabillard in on it, it is sure to be a hit!
AS A COASTER ENTHUSIAST, I CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE THIS BEAUTY NEXT YEAR.
Post a Comment